Vice President, IT Governance & Compliance
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President, IT Governance & Compliance will provide vision and leadership by championing key technology initiatives that will be responsible for developing and executing against Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) IT vision, mission, strategies and plans. This role will work closely with various Universal Parks and Resorts client group executives and IT leadership to build awareness, understanding, implementation and ongoing management in terms of the benefits of governance, mitigation of security risks and the value of associated policies, standards, processes, and measurements to govern and safeguard the data, infrastructure and facilities to encompass the entire business enterprise.
This role directs the IT PMO Policy Governance, IT Security & Compliance and Disaster Recovery areas
- Develop and implement the strategic vision for the Global and Enterprise-wide IT Governance and Information Security for Universal Parks & Resorts. for the Enterprise Compliance functional area(s) working closely with NBCUniversal, UPR Solutions Delivery, UPR Infrastructure and UPR Technology Local Leaders in North America and around the world.
- Responsible for validating and insuring that UPR systems and processes are compliant with all government and corporate policies focused on protecting our assets and guest data.
- Leads the development, periodic review and update of Company policies to ensure continuing currency and relevance in connection with an evolving regulatory environment.
- Keeps pace with ‘best practices’ and technological innovations that enhance compliance and IT security processes. Continuously strive to identify, define and develop new services and enhancement of existing services to create and support value for the business units.
- May serves as a primary interface/liaison with key state/federal regulators, and will also be able to publicly represent Universal Parks & Resorts in sensitive and highly visible circumstances.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in an IT function championing key technology initiatives, with at least ten years focusing on IT Security & Compliance.
- Well-developed influencing and change management skills that will allow for program, process and managerial improvements across the Universal Parks and Resorts enterprise; experienced at building consensus among business and IT team members at all levels within an organization.
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership managing cross functional teams and projects, with supervision of a team size of ten or greater
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience successfully managing multiple senior level managers and directors.
- Proven history of driving improved performance and efficiencies by continual assessment and recommending improvements as it pertains to meeting business initiatives.
- Strong experience in C-Level executive presentations and business case creation and demonstrable experience for fully accountable for achieving financial, strategic, and operating objectives.
- Proven executive budget responsibility either in Operating a P&L center or through ROI accountability through either improved efficiencies or increased profitability.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate and interact across all levels within the company.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration, or highly relevant equivalent experience is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Preferred relevant certifications in IT, examples: CISSP, ITIL, PMI, PMP, and/or other industry certifications/qualifications in the area of Program/Project Management, Information Security, Enterprise Architecture, and IT Controls etc.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. © 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.