Park Research Associate
Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Conducts interviews with consumers and guests on a wide variety of topics according to specific instructions. Responsible for recruiting respondents (mostly on resort property) and for overseeing the completion of paper and computer-based surveys. Will also participate in other data collection-related activities, such as light data entry.
- Conducts interviews with consumers and/or park guests of all ages according to specific instructions – primarily onsite but sometimes off-site.
- Gives directions and ask questions as written; records answers as directed; provide unbiased clarification of questions as written and initiated by respondents.
- Selects and screens survey respondents, adhering to screening standards and provided methodology.
- Distributes, monitors the completion of, and collects self-administered paper and kiosk surveys.
- Inputs, pages and records data from paper-based surveys.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED required.
- No direct experience necessary. Prior research interviewing experience or guest services experience would be a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be comfortable speaking with guests on an ongoing basis;
- Must be capable of understanding the goal and purpose of research;
- Must be able to read and interpret survey questionnaires, methodologies, and procedure manuals;
- Must have good reading and diction skills with cultural literacy;
- Must have basic computer literacy and data entry accuracy;
- Must have ability to effectively interact with guests;
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must be able to present information to customers in one-on-one and small group situations
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.