Manager, Software Development – Advanced Technology
Location: Orlando, FL
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Software Manger at Universal Creative you will be expected to help develop world class, never-been-done-before experiences using many different advanced technologies. You will have the opportunity to combine location based entertainment with the latest software technologies creating a new level of interactive experiences that can only be achieved at Universal Studios Theme Parks.
- Manage software development teams (external and internal teams).
- Developing software specifications that will be bid to 3rd party development teams.
- Manage contracts released to vendors. Participate in the entire contracting process from initiation to close-out.
- Work with Senior management to set project goals.
- Work through the software development process from conception to final release. (Software commissioning may require field work as some of the experiences may be permanently deployed within Universal Studios).
- Create mockups and proof-of-Concepts.
- Work closely with Creative development teams on creating the concept of the overall experience and ensuring delivery meets all creative requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in technology and industry trends and introduce new technology concepts to Universal.
SCOPE: Responsible for the creation of a software system that is in daily use across the resort critical to Guest Satisfaction (GSAT) efforts that is linked to multiple venues throughout the property.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required, Computer Science and/or data analytics majors. Advanced degrees preferred.
- 10+ years of software development
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality experiences
- Familiar with Agile development process
- Familiar with game development engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, and/or Java
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to think outside-the-box
- Self-Motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Experience with augmented reality software such as Vuforia
- 3+ years of managing the development of software systems with internal or external teams
- Able to be flexible working on both long term and short term projects
- 3+ years of experience in the amusement industry
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.