Manager, Network Services
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The manager of Network Services is responsible for all aspects of Universal Orlando’s network operations including architecture, design, implementation and support of Universal Orlando’s LAN, MAN, WAN, and Wireless infrastructure. General responsibilities include:
- Provide management and technical direction for a staff of network administrators
- Provide architecture and design oversight for Universal Orlando’s network infrastructure
- Provide network technical support and ensure 24×7 operational support and maintenance
- Ensure the network meets availability, reliability and performance requirements
- Recommend standard hardware and software configurations for all network devices
- Provide management and technical oversight for network administrator/engineering staff.
- Maintain high-level business SLA’s and network availability, reliability, and performance
- Work with business units on tactical/strategic technical solutions
- Provide complex problem analysis, determination and resolution using industry standard networking utilities / tools as well as creative thinking.
- Research and recommend network improvements driving efficiency and business value
- Create and maintain ‘as-built’ diagrams/documentation, as well as, process and procedure documentation.
- Present solutions for future needs and future projects to upper management.
- Manage daily network operations
- Address all network issues according to SLA’s
- Develop roadmap for increasing network capacity, redundancy, flexibility, security, and scalability
- Work with other divisions on the integration of new technical solutions
- Maintain security across the network infrastructure
- Manage the Network team
- Manage network resources and inventory
- Maintain network documentation
- Work with IT Executives on budget management
Must be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in all of the following areas:
- Large-scale LAN, MAN and WAN network architectures
- Wireless network architectures
- Data center network architectures
- Network architectures supporting virtualized server environments
- Network architectures supporting disaster recovery
- Cisco routers and switches with extensive design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- WAN Technologies
- WAN Acceleration
- Extensive Knowledge of IP protocol and applications
- Highly proficient with Cisco switches (IOS/CatOs)
- Spanning Tree
- VLANs & VTP
- Firewalls and VPNs
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required in Business Management or Computer Science. Master’s degree is preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years managing a Cisco network
Minimum of seven (7) years managing a non-Cisco network
- Architecting and designing large-scale networks
- Managing and maintaining Cisco Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls
- Implementing and troubleshooting network/internet Protocols/Services such as GigE, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSec and NAT
- Network management/monitoring tools and protocol analyzers
- Wireless networking technologies such as 802.11x in an enterprise environment
- Network related products such as PIX, ASA, VPN, RADIUS and Active Directory.
- Remote access (IPSec and SSL VPN) technologies
- Leading large technical projects with demonstrated oral and written ability to communicate with team members
; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Will be responsible for working with other IT departments and other business units in providing the architecture for delivering new solutions.
- Work with vendors/partners on delivering services and solutions
- Plan/schedule employee training based on individual career plans and business direction
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Required – Cisco Certified Network Professional
Preferred – Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.