Director, Marketing – eCommerce & Merchandising
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: The Director, eCommerce Marketing and Merchandising is responsible for creating and implementing marketing and merchandising strategies across Universal Orlando’s consumer direct websites and mobile app. They will develop tactical strategies for those platforms that support the organization’s marketing initiatives and delivers the appropriate customer experience. For online merchandising, they will develop strategies that deliver promotional content, product positioning, and proven UX/UI techniques that drive conversion. This individual will collaborate with our web optimization, marketing, UX/UI, web production and product planning teams to create marketing and merchandising solutions that deliver results. They will be responsible for improving the value perception and purchase experiences for the customer through best-in-class merchandising practices for tickets, hotels, vacation packages and ancillary products (e.g. Express, Blue Man Group, meal packages, merchandise).
- Lead a team of digital marketing and merchandising specialists to develop strategies that optimize Universal Orlando Resort’s consumer direct web and mobile properties to meet or exceed business goals
- Oversee the Web Optimization program to ensure web and mobile experiences are optimized through A/B testing to increase customer engagement and revenue
- Oversee the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and ensure organic rankings are optimized for marketing and product purposes Collaborate on the roadmap of capabilities and functionality for the organization’s web and mobile properties and utilize their full capability to drive marketing results and optimal conversion
Marketing and Merchandising Strategy and Planning
- Partner with marketing and sales team members to effectively produce and deliver web and mobile marketing strategies that meet the objectives of the organization’s annual marketing plan
- Create product positioning, value proposition, descriptions and other marketing strategies used to increase the online selling potential of ticket, hotels, packages and ancillary products (e.g. Express, Blue Man Group, meal packages, merchandise)
- Maintain online marketing content and products ensuring the accuracy of information, product details and price changes, including special offers and online store promotions
- Collaborate on the implementation of Personalization efforts on web and mobile to fulfill on the objectives of the program
- Develop the marketing plan for promoting the Mobile App to increase guest awareness and usage
- Define and communicate business / functional requirements for the development of functionality that effectively enables web marketing and merchandising strategies
- Partner with the DEP Product Management team to effectively guide the development of new features and functionality Mobile App
- Ensure Web Optimization initiatives align with web marketing and merchandising strategies
- Partner with the eCommerce Manager to develop merchandising strategies, web optimization and new functionality for the online store
Accountability and Reporting
- Develop standard reporting and analysis that effectively communicates to senior leadership the results and business impact of web optimization, marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Analyze product performance and customer feedback and respond quickly to diagnose and correct any problems
- Develop and manage annual web marketing and ecommerce merchandising budget requirements necessary to maintain and grow the online business
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring competitive websites and trends in web marketing and ecommerce merchandising. Bring the organization’s attention to new ideas / technologies as they emerge.
- Act as marketing team representative to various internal “clients” who rely on websites and mobile to advance their business needs
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to building brand equity, establishing a positive customer experience, and building brand loyalty through website and mobile marketing strategies and experience execution
- Experience developing and implementing online product merchandising strategies with proven results
- Experience collaborating with Product Management teams on the evolution of an online product development lifecycle over multiple releases
- Possess exceptional understanding of the best practices for online user experience and interface strategies, site usability and user interface design
- Understand the importance of introducing relevant features that support a CRM approach to customer acquisition, data collection and personalization
- Must be conversant in the latest technical standards and best practices in website and mobile app development
- Present a successful track record partnering with his/her organization’s information technology organization in the development and launch of websites and mobile apps user features/functionality
- An extraordinary team player that thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality and speed of decision making and execution are critical
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in ecommerce marketing and online merchandising for B2C web and mobile properties with an emphasis on name brand travel or retail sectors
- Experience with developing and managing a marketing plan and department budget
Proven experience with developing and executing online merchandising strategies designed for web and mobile platforms to drive engagement and conversion
- Product development experience that has materially contributed to growing online revenue within the context of a consumer oriented ecommerce business
- Mix of experience in marketing, merchandising, technology and/or product development for website and mobile apps
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing compelling presentations and presenting to senior management
- Equally effective and influential communicator in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers, and potential business partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Parks & Resorts. Here you can.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. © 2020 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.