Lead Lifeguard (Volcano Bay)
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for monitoring the operation and team members to ensure guest and Team Member safety, positive guest interactions, capacity goals, and maintaining the daily labor budgets.
- Ensures daily staffing levels and rotation schedules are adjusted according to park attendance within assigned area. Conducts daily shift meetings and safety spot talks. Maintains daily ride reports, overtime reports, and safety checklists and reports deficiencies in quality and facilities.
- Performs all opening and closing duties related to the daily operation of slides and attractions. Conduct daily attraction inspections to check standards of safety and cleanliness. Completes opening and closing checklists for operational readiness, inspects the work environment including equipment, conveyors, slide, vehicle or rides and ensures operational safety. Performs daily test rides of attractions to ensure show quality and proper operation periodically. Safely evacuates the ride in accordance to operating procedures.
- Oversees the operation and is the first point of contact for team members, guests, and interdepartmental partners in absence of the Supervisor. Responsible for consistent execution of Guest Services and operational standards while motivating team members to safely deliver capacity.
- First respondent to emergency medical care for Guests (and team members if necessary) to include the administration of oxygen, use of the AED, and in providing CPR if necessary.
- Assists with updating training manuals, provides on-the-job training, and assists with the administration of OJT testing and updates.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for monitoring the operation and team members (lifeguards) to ensure guest and Team member safety, positive guest interactions, capacity goals, and maintains the daily labor budgets.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year of lifeguarding experience preferred;or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to pass American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification course and hold current certification in the following: Water park lifeguarding, CPR, AED, First Aid, and O2 administration.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must be comfortable in and around water for an entire shift. Must be able to successfully complete and pass all training for American Red Cross Aquatics Attractions Lifeguard Certification, CPR, First Aid, AED, and general operating procedures assessment as well as successfully pass any skill audits. Team Members will be American Red Cross certified on site. Must complete monthly in-service training requirements.
Specific to American Red Cross swim qualification:
- Must be able to swim three hundred (300) yards continuously using only the front crawl or breaststroke swim techniques or a combination of both.
- Must be able to tread water for two (2) minutes continuously using legs only (no use of arms).
- Must be able to swim twenty (20) yards and retrieve a ten (10) pound brick from ten (10) feet of water within one (1) minute and forty (40) seconds (timed event).
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.