Sr. Manager, Marketing – Strategy and Communication – International
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Partner with VP, Strategy and International Brand Management as well as Executive leadership in International regions to develop marketing and strategy and to facilitate execution of marketing communications to International segments for Universal Orlando. The role will function as a key liaison between the marketing teams in the international regions and those in Orlando to ensure effective communication throughout all phases of program development and execution. Focus in strategic planning and program development to drive attendance, profitable revenue, brand loyalty and preference among key segments.
• Conduct analysis of competitive, market performance, and trends relevant to Universal Orlando strategies, products and services in order to identify strategic opportunities for growth
• Identify and create metrics and models to allow for comparison of competing opportunities and ensure alignment with overall brand and segment strategies
• Develop and implement brand strategies and initiatives to increase penetration in key markets and segments through targeting and cohesive communications
• Responsible for development of strategic roadmaps for key International marketing/communications programs while providing strategic input to International marketing teams on to support development of communication strategy and campaign plans
• Partner with Strategy & Insights, Product Planning, Resorts and Sales teams to develop retail programs in order to deliver against business objectives.
• Responsible for becoming an expert on the International businesses in order to provide strategic guidance on marketing and communication plans and represent the segment POV with stakeholders in Orlando
• Collaborates with all key stakeholder teams as campaigns are being developed to ensure campaigns remain relevant to International consumers (in terms of both content and timing) while supporting the overall brand direction and segment strategies
• Proactively contribute to continuous process improvement by effectively identifying and addressing issues.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, or Communications. MBA preferred.
• 8-10 years of marketing or advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or tourism industry
• Previous experience working with International offices within a global marketing organization
• Strong analytical skills, proficiency working with data, analyzing information and report findings
• In-depth understanding of consumer and brand research
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Cross-functional experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment
• Must be energetic self-motivated, a quick learner and demonstrate a strong personal desire to achieve results
• Extremely detail oriented and resourceful, ability to work independently
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.