Fabrication Specialist II
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assembling costumes and performing advanced alterations on costume pieces for all venues, marquee events and special events.
- Able to sew costumes from material goods to full completion, including all closures and finishing. Independently on basic projects, and under the supervision of a lead or supervisor for complex projects.
- Able to perform advanced repairs on woven, non-woven, stretch/lycra/spandex and specialty materials using standard and computerized industrial sewing, pressing and finishing equipment.
- Able to assist in fitting and completing advanced alterations on newly fabricated or purchased costumes for park use, special events and marquee events.
- Able to assist in the layout and cutting of projects under the supervision of a lead or supervisor with understanding of grain, knap, and fabric saving techniques.
- Iron, wash, or prepare fabric as needed for fabrication projects. Intermediate understanding of textiles and fibers to help determine best practices when pressing, laundering and working with various materials.
- Assist in cleanliness and organizations of the work areas.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED: Required
- Technical school: Preferred
- Associate’s degree (AA): Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree: Preferred – advance garment construction, machine stitching, and alterations
EXPERIENCE: 2 years or more experience and knowledge in garment fabrication, which includes: working with computerized sewing machines, cutting fabrics, difficult alterations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.