Assistant Program Manager, Release Train Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Program Manager role is essential for supporting the execution of a Scaled Agile Technology Program. Universal invests millions of dollars in teams consisting often of more than 100 professionals to deliver valuable technology solutions for the company. The Assistant Program Manager keeps Scrum Masters and their teams on track, and directly impacts Program success.
• Supports the Program Manager – Release Train Engineer in coordinating work across the Program
• Supports processes, planning, and Program execution
• Tracks and facilitates changes to the plan and the impacts of those changes, escalates major change to PMO Leadership
• Provides input to avoid Program bottlenecks, escalates impediments and manages risks
• Communicates Program information, status, and key health metrics to stakeholders. Facilitates inter-team communication and resolution of Program-level dependencies
• Supports execution with Scrum Masters and Teams in practices and process improvement
• Works with Scrum Masters and Delivery Leads to shepherd teams through their release process to get viable working software out to consumers
• Provide input to minimum viable product definitions
• Works with Delivery Leads and Scrum Masters to determine solutions to challenges
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Scope includes planning and facilitating work conducted by 2 or more delivery teams (20+ professionals). As an Agile process supporter, helps identify areas to train and coach teams. Scope also includes Program Management duties such as conducting meetings, tracking and reporting Program performance metrics, and conducting risk management. Deploys lean-agile team metrics and drives continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
• Four+ years of experience as a senior scrum master and/or program manager
• Project Management and/or Scrum Master Certification required.
• Proven understanding and application of Project, Program, and Portfolio Management processes and methodologies, including Agile Management.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, professional writing, presentation, and reporting skills.
• Extensive experience using computer software and applications to share, retrieve, research, and present business information.
• Experience in release management processes and practices.
• Must be self-motivated, well-organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
• Must have experience in agile transformations.
• Demonstrated successful experience:
o Managing multiple work streams across numerous projects in a complex program environment.
o Working as a results-oriented change agent.
o Working in a matrixed environment and working with third-party vendors.
o Building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Engineering or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 4+ years as a Sr. Scrum Master and/or Program Manager in a large-scale, global organization.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Project Management Professional PMP or Certified Scrum Master CSM (Required)
• Certified Product Owner CSPO (Desired)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner ACP (Desired)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.