Landscaping – Construction Gardener
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Performs skilled landscape maintenance tasks as part of a Horticulture team; proficiency in plant identification of 50 common plant names within 90 days of hire date; ability to perform shrub installation; foliage maintenance, tree installation, heavy equipment operation, and basic clean up.
- Responsible for trimming/pruning shrubs, ground covers, vines and some trees and palms with hand-held tools and 2-cycle equipment. Operates power shovel and power hammer.
- Performs site preparation tasks including removal of existing plant material and hardscape, grading and drainage.
- Operates machinery for loading, unloading and transporting materials, equipment and supplies.
- Identifies need for and provide supplemental water with manual operation of automatic irrigation zones and hand watering.
- Assists with the installation, mulching, watering and maintenance of tree, shrub, and groundcover plantings. Installs hardscape elements including gravel, timber walls, and drainage systems.
- Assist in specimen tree relocation, including ball and burlap operation, jetting in, and staking and guying.
- Performs equipment maintenance as required.
SCOPE: Responsible for performing basic Construction Gardener functions including: Tree/shrub installation, maintenance of all foliage, detailing and clean up, watering, heavy equipment operating, and mulching, tree rigging, tree staking and guying.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Horticultural expertise preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years construction or landscape maintenance experience, preferably in an upscale commercial, residential or resort environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License Required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.