Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: The Solution Engineer role is to strategically design and implement information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions while maintaining a high level of quality. This individual will gain commitment for all technology and software plans. They will build proofs of concepts demonstrating new software or patterns to implement in new solutions. They review these new approaches with the larger architecture organization and build alignment and backing for the new patterns or software to become standard building components. The solution engineer provides the technical guidance to the delivery teams to progress the solution through the implementation process. This individual will also be responsible for reviewing implementations of the solutions to ensure they are aligning to the design.
The Solution Engineer will have to work through cross functional teams that will include Business Analyst, Product Owners, Technical Analyst, Development staff, Agile Scrum masters and others in the organization to succeed. Solution Engineers will produce detail design documentation including information models, component diagrams, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams, activity flows, as well as swagger documentation for services. Solution Engineers will gain approval of the proposed designs via review with other Solution Engineers as well as Solution Architects.
• Complete detailed design documentation including information models, component diagrams, sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams, activity flows, as well as detailed services specs.
• As directed by Solutions or Enterprise Architecture develop POC’s and A/B tests that drive the technical decision making for the Architecture Organization.
• Assist teams with technical solutions in new client implementations and proactively assist with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation/release. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds and solutions.
• Reproduce issues in house when possible – coordinating with our QA and development teams. Work with engineering and product management to prioritize resolutions for future releases. When possible, analyze code and participate in engineering processes to develop and deploy defect fixes as service packs/hotfixes.
• Constantly stay ahead in communicating with our business partners. Manage expectations properly to avoid escalations. Be a strong voice of customers during engineering planning.
• Assist through release cycles in testing new features, enhancements and defect fixes. Provide backup to DevOps during release days to handle any incoming issues as the release rolls out to the field.
• Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar essential required, Masters Degree desired.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8 years of IT experience with large integrated projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.