Internship – Consumer Insights-Field Research (Summer 2020)
Location: Orlando, FL
Summer Semester: Internship dates are approximately from May 2020 – August 2020.
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will provide resource support to the Consumer Insights field team, exposing them to the skills and knowledge of how to run a field research team. It will also provide the intern with hands-on experience in scheduling, monitoring, and fielding projects, as well as the training and technology used in the field at Universal Orlando.
- Schedules team members for projects.
- Creates pre-shift documents, enters data, maintains productivity spreadsheets.
- Assists in Team Member development and training.
- Works with research technology for field interviewing.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Marketing, Social Sciences.
- Preferred coursework completed: Market/Survey Research, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics.
- Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Previous experience conducting surveys either through education or for a research firm preferred.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.