Culinary – Team Lead (First Cook)
JOB SUMMARY: If you’re ready to take a stab at Culinary Leadership, First Cook opportunities may be the right fit for you. You’ll be in charge of inventory and ordering for your restaurant, as well as meeting Universal Orlando’s food quality standards. Above all, you will be a mentor to new cooks, ensuring their success in the kitchen.
- Responsible for ordering supplies in accordance to par levels and staffing projects. Receives inventory and ensures the availability of materials and supplies.
- Ensures that all preparations are in accordance with established recipes, menu and portion specifications and in relation to business volumes. Responsible for food presentation, quality of products and waste prevention.
- Maintains all cost of goods by performing quarterly updating of control cards, inventory packages, and portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- Studies all evidence of waste and makes suggestions for improved efficiency. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standards. Ensures compliance of the State of Florida’s HACCP program.
- Ensures established safety practices are followed.
- Provides work direction of cooks and production workers within area of responsibility. Monitors production staff breaks. Trains production workers in the use of kitchen equipment and food preparation.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: First Cooks should have at least one year previous experience in a Culinary leadership role.
Positions in Culinary require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and or move between 25 and 50 pounds.
- Ability to use equipment with mechanical moving parts, sharp edges, and heat surfaces.
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.