Sr. Programmer Analyst, Solutions Delivery
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Programmer Analyst is an expert level technical position and will be required to define, develop, test, analyze, and deliver technology solutions within a Scrum team related to B2C and Team Member websites. This includes coding, testing, analyzing and delivering both software and hardware solutions. This role requires full stack development capability, good communication skills, and the ability to work well with others. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify technology solutions as part of new development, enhancements and sustainment. The position may also coordinate the transition of solutions to other sustainment teams.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other Universal Parks and Resorts properties on occasion.
- Develop new solutions, and enhancements for Web Content and Commerce guest facing systems, code, test, and implement quality solutions for our business partners and guests.
- Drive the documentation of the technical portion of user stories, and unit test cases.
- Drive regression-testing efforts, and automated testing, to ensure system quality and performance.
- Ensure team adheres to best practices through code reviews.
- Support RTE and Change Control processes along with other UPT Compliance Initiatives.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, and training activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years overall hands on experience developing with other languages such as .Net or Java.
- Experience with Content Management systems such as: Tridion, Sitecore, or Adobe.
- Expertise with enterprise load balancing, server configuration, queuing, caching, messaging, and web services.
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration / Delivery (CI / CD), and Zero Down Time for application resiliency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members and business partners.
- Proven experience working on a scrum team.
- Ability to lead and mentor others, with a goal of building a high-performing team.
- Experience with evaluating new technologies and incorporating them into existing and new applications.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience desired in one or more of the following fields: Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7+ years equivalent work experience. Experience preferred in software development for large guest facing web content and commerce sites. Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques are required. Good presentation, facilitation, and communication skills required.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software and hardware products and solutions.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- On-call availability on an occasional basis.
- May require working hours outside of typical business hours which could include nights and weekends as necessary to meet project deadlines and operational support needs.
- Experience with integrating systems desired.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.