Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing the highly skilled, discipline specific, tasks required to ensure the smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities as it pertains to all industrial, commercial and non-commercial Refrigeration equipment.
• Responsible for analysis, troubleshooting, repair and/or replacement all mechanical components in walk-in freezers, coolers, rack systems, and associated controls and accessories site wide to improve the operational reliability, safety, and serviceability of all refrigeration assets.
• Responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all walk in coolers/freezers site wide which will include coil cleaning of all condensers and cleaning of all evaporators, verifying charges on refrigerants, verifying oil levels and proper operation of the metering valves.
• Perform EPA compliance upgrades such as replacement of obsolete equipment and retrofit of Ozone depleting refrigerants.
• Interface, communicate, and oversee third party contractors/vendors with repairs, upgrades, repair or replacement of refrigeration equipment as required site wide.
• Assist Coordinator by providing proper documents for ordering parts as needed for repairing equipment.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Perform advanced tasks in the troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation of refrigeration and controls, including: Organizing and performing advanced service, repairs, troubleshooting and overhaul of light commercial and industrial refrigeration; Complete the implementation of refrigeration energy management controls site-wide. Understanding complex electrical schematics, BMS control functions and electrical distribution systems; Troubleshooting root causes and determining proper repairs; Analyzing system data to determine the need for increased maintenance frequencies or improved performance of the equipment; and assisting Utilities management with the supervision and documentation of any contractor activity.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Technical school is preferred; Associate’s degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8 years’ experience with Commercial/Industrial refrigeration systems, including building automation systems and associated equipment, is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid Florida Driver’s License is required to operate company vehicles. (EPA) Universal Refrigerant Certificate is required. A State or County Journeyman’s License, County Competency Card, or State Certified Contractor’s License is preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.