Program Manager, Release Train Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Release Train Engineer (RTE) role is essential for execution of a Scaled Agile Technology Program. Universal invests millions of dollars in teams consisting often of more than 100 professionals to deliver valuable technology solutions for the company. The RTE keeps team Scrum Masters and their teams on track and directly impacts Program success.
- Oversee SAFe processes, PI Planning, and Program execution.
- Facilitate changes to the PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
- Provide input to avoid Program bottlenecks. Escalate impediments and manage risk.
- Communicate Program Information, status, and key health metrics to stakeholders.
- Facilitate inter-team communication and resolution of Program-level dependencies.
- Coach Scrum Masters and Teams in Lean-Agile practices and process improvement. Actively support internal Communities of Practice. Help teams adapt.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Scope includes planning and facilitating work conducted by 5 or more delivery teams (50+ professionals). As an Agile process expert, trains and coaches teams. Scope also includes Program Management duties such conducting meetings, tracking and reporting Program performance metrics, and conducting risk management. Deploys lean-agile team metrics and drives continuous improvement.
- Five+ years of experience as Senior Scrum Master and /or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- Two (2) years of experience supporting/ managing five (5) or more Scrum Masters simultaneously.
- Associates degree or higher. Information Technology or technical degree preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Proven oral, written, and business presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree required. Information Technology or technical degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology or technical degree.
EXPERIENCE: Five plus years of experience as Senior Scrum Master and/or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE). Two years of experience supporting/managing five or more Scrum Masters simultaneously. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Scrum Master CSM (Required)
- Certified Product Owner CSPO (Desired)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner ACP (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Agilist SA (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant SPC (Desired)
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer (Desired)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Indirect supervision and coaching of 5 or more Team Scrum Masters; indirect coaching and training of 50+ Agile Team members.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.