Internship – UPR Global Standards & Procedures (Summer 2020)
Summer Semester: Internship dates are approximately from May 2020 – August 2020.
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will provide supervised input to assigned documents and assist with collection of data and assigned studies within Universal Parks & Resorts. They will develop an understanding of the responsibilities necessary to create training and operational standard documents, as well as an awareness of Operational Safety Standards, ADA, ASTM, and internal standards.
- Assists the department with collection of international park programming materials.
- Creates spreadsheets and produces other documents in support of collected materials.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of documents in their respective systems.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedure manuals for international park projects.
- Performs in-park research, taking photos and measurements, etc.
- Assists with Operational Safety projects.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Hospitality Management, Technical or Business Writing.
- Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Basic technical writing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe, MS Visio, or additional computer software desired.
- Proficiency or familiarity with SharePoint desired.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.