Manager, Audio, Video, Projection – Universal Creative
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the design and development of the audio, video, projection and or lighting systems for large multi-faceted theme park attractions and area development site/sound. This role focuses on large format projection.
- Establishes quantitative requirements and specifications based on interpreting creative intent for audio, video, projection and or lighting systems.
- Produces scopes of work and manages progress from design through installation.
- Reviews designs and documentation from vendors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
- Organizes, leads and participates in multi-system control specifications.
- Leads production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance and schedule accuracy.
- Develops and oversees project schedules and budgetary demands.
- Supervises installation, test and adjustment of A/V/P/L systems to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Oversees contractor’s mock-up or prototype efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
SCOPE: Manages the design and development of the audio, video, and or lighting projection of systems for large multi-faceted theme park attractions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering or a related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience with turnkey projects, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry is preferred. 3-5 Years: Relevant project management experience is required. 5-7 Years: Relevant combined audio/video design and development experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED: State of the art knowledge of audio/video/projection/lighting technologies and software is required. Knowledge of controls systems and AutoCAD systems is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. © 2020 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.