JOB SUMMARY: Lead the Information Security Architecture for Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) in support of Universal’s new park construction. Partner with other cyber security leaders and UPR stakeholders to support the design, development, and deployment of secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and technical leadership across many different technology stacks and platforms. As a member of the IT Governance & Information Security (Gov & InfoSec) team, function as a strategic thought leader and subject matter expert for cyber security. This includes helping to identify gaps in capabilities, evaluating new tools, and working with senior leadership to define strategy.
- Support UPR in designing, implementing, and deploying secure systems; validate designs as requested by the business; ensure the UPR network is secure
- Solve complex technical and integration issues with creative and secure solutions
- Participate in leading and defining security practices for UPR networks using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model
- Identify and communicate key risks and security posture to senior leadership; build effective relationships across UPR business units; mentor junior security engineers and architects; build and contribute to communities of excellence as appropriate
- Lead initiatives to ensure the technology vision is realized
- Define and document a 3-5 year security technology vision and roadmap
SCOPE: Responsible for the cyber security of Universal’s new park construction. This includes supporting the Universal Parks Technology (UPT) Gov & InfoSec team for UPR-wide initiatives.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills; highly collaborative; personally and professionally self-aware; ability to and interested in interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or Cybersecurity. Master’s degree preferred. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS degree.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience working in a technical area as part of a large team (Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, DevSecOps, Infrastructure, Networking, Cyber Security, Architecture).
- Experience in large-scale networks, routing protocols, and network security components
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with applicable data security, compliance and privacy legal and regulatory frameworks preferred.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.