Sr. Programmer Analyst, iOS
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Programmer Analyst, iOS role possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This iOS app developer will work with our mobile team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile iOS applications. The Sr. Programmer Analyst, iOS will work closely with other app development and technical teams. Their role is to provide highly specialized skills and knowledge that will enable the successful design, code and delivery of complex solutions for Parks Technology in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, analyzing and supporting complex codebases along with configuration management of the Android application. The Senior Programmer Analyst, iOS will also research, design, document, and modify native iOS specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Collaboration across teams, departments, parks, and vendors in and Agile environment will be central to the success of the role.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other Universal theme parks on occasion.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain mobile and web applications/services
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Document code, applications, and related systems with exceptional detail
- Recommend new technologies to improve the delivery process
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred in Business Engineering or Computer Science or related subject.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience developing native applications for iOS
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development
- Expert knowledge of Swift 3.0+, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch Frameworks, including MVC and SOLID design patterns
- Expert knowledge with iOS frameworks such as Foundation (including NSURLSession, concurrency, ARC and GCD/NSOperation), Core Data, Core Location, Map Kit, and User Notifications
- Proficient with local persistence including NSUserDefaults, Core Data, serialization and keychain, including the limitations of mobile storage
- Proficient with Xcode tools, including XCTest (UI Tests, Unit Tests), Instruments, and Memory Graph Debugger
- Proficient with Git, Git flow and other branching strategies
- Proficient developing user interfaces to support multiple device sizes using Storyboards, Size Classes, Auto Layout, and programmatic frame layout
- Experience mentoring a team of other engineers
- Experience with pull requests and performing code reviews
- Experience with RESTful APIs using JSON
- Experience designing application architecture
- Experience creating iOS frameworks and integrating external SDK’s
- Experience with localization within an iOS application
- Experience working on a development team that practices Agile/scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with continuous integration including Fastlane and Jenkins
- Understanding of Apple’s HIG
- Understanding of e-commerce in a mobile application include Apple Pay
- Strong architecture, analytic, design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to understand and maintain existing complex codebases
- Passionate about mobile technologies and building great guest experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science is a plus
- SOAP and OData experience is a plus
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Experience in an agile environment is a plus. Experience in a continuous integration/automated build environment is a plus. System solutions identification requires considerable analytical and creativity skills. Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the user group(s) to which they are assigned and in their role as liaison to the project leader.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.