System Administrator, EHS
JOB SUMMARY: Serve as the primary system administrator of the various EHS tools used at Universal Parks and Resort sites. Assess business problems and suggest technical solutions. Responsible for EHS management system configuration, assisting with reporting when necessary, and ensuring the data is available to users. Analyze database system performance for trends and take action to ensure no impact to operational performance. Work with both Parks Technology and key partners/users to determine how data should be organized and maintained.
- Responsible for site/business specific query data from the database and configuration of the tools needed for EHS management (Intelex, OHM, Gensuite)
- Responsible for data exchanges between databases that involve EHS information. Manual data uploads and audits. Oversees performance and quality control reviews of data transfers.
- Works with IT Support in a liaison capacity to ensure users have the desired business value-added results, driving to align technology needs with the business strategy. Develop and maintain user-requested queries for EHS data both directly in EHS Applications and using SQL.
- Works on software projects with IT as needed; to include software upgrades, replacement and associated tasks such as data mapping, workflow creation, data field validation and creation, writing test scripts, etc.
- Lead periodic meetings with vendors as well as UO IT and internal key support groups/users.
- Leads department configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for the EHS Applications. Coordinates training requirements for these Procedures.
- Manage SharePoint requests to include document uploading, employee addition, permission changes, folder creation, etc.
SCOPE: Will ensure the quality of data used by UPR Senior leadership to measure performance of Environmental, Health and Safety programs across property. The data this position will manage will be used across UPR and includes any future locations. This position will influence decisions of important nature requiring high degree of tact.
- Experience with SQL and reporting tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, organizational skills, analytical skills, and the ability to provide clear direction and instructions.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Experience creating extracts, analytical reports, and configuring software.
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, or similar.
EXPERIENCE: Required: 3-5 years system administration, data analysis and problem resolution required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred: EHS management system experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Current software systems in use by EHS include; Intelex Gensuite, OHM, and SiteHawk. Each of these databases interacts with PeopleSoft, Maximo, uLearn, SAP, and other HRIS and LMS systems within the business.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.