Internship – Park-wide Theme Paint – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: In this internship, the ideal candidate will aid in the execution of park-wide themed finishes’ color documentation efforts within Universal Orlando. They will accurately modify and update working paint and themed finishes’ documents as project development progresses. The intern will track this documentation by means of creating spreadsheets, updating Photoshop files, and editing artwork to match art directors’ visions. They will create accurate, finalized documentation used in project installation with the purpose of relaying to future maintenance teams upon project completion.
- Edit/ create artwork on Photoshop to match art director vision
- Edit/ create color documentation documents using Photoshop
- Use creative eye to select colors for elevations
- Use Excel to track all colors used during the project
- Meet with land teams to discuss color selection and art direction
- Helps organize supplies, creates labels, tracks color board orders, organizes/ orders color chips and organizes overall documentation.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Fine Arts
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator) is required
- Knowledge of REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, and/or MAYA are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- A vested interest in art, and/or color theory
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
If applicable, please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring Internships are approximately from January 2020 to May 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.