Manager, Project Facility – Universal's Epic Universe
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Organize and establish effective Project management; coordinate and manage creative design decisions and construction document production; avoid contract claims and disputes; minimize change orders during construction phases; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; insure quality design and construction work; emphasize “hands-on” management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during continuation of construction; establish and maintain a competent and experienced staff; implement efficient and timely document control.
- Pre-Construction Phase: Becomes familiar with the Creative concept package and assist with the management of the construction documents with the Facility Design Manager and the Architect / Engineering Firms. Manage the pre-qualification and evaluation of potential construction vendors. Reviews and approves the general contractors, site/construction sequence and logistics plan. Approves, site lay down and access plan for the projects.
- Design Phase: Participates with the Facility Design Manager on the review of all of the various design phase submittals from the outside architects / engineers and show vendors. Reviews design documents for construction, completeness, corrections, and coordination and compile a list of comments. Reviews the existing facility status to evaluate what potential issues need to be addressed by the design documents. Manages the weekly design progress review meetings.
- Bid/Award Phase: Prepares the Request for Proposals (RFP). Prepares all documentation required for site access, lay down and other logistics for the contractors and vendors. Develops all of the responses to questions for the RFP. Manages the final evaluation and recommendation process of the bids and proposals.
- Construction Phase: Manages the daily, weekly, and monthly area meetings of the general contractors with the project team and documents the results in daily / Weekly / Monthly meeting minutes. Manages the evaluation and settlement of all change order requests. Manages all required construction management processes including but not limited to: Requests for Information, Shop drawings, Directives, Submittals, Punch Lists, Short Form Agreements and other documents as required. Evaluates all progress payment and conducts all related walk-through and inspections. Updates the Project Director on the progress of the overall Facility Budget and schedule including all potential cost and schedule impacts. Attends monthly project financial reviews with Project Director to address all trends, risks and forecasts for budget and schedule. Manages all third-party construction development and reports results. Manages all facility and constructing progress in accordance with the master schedule. Monitors Change or Delays to construction schedule. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of Contractors schedule performance and schedule coordination with other groups and departments. Develops a Three (3) week look ahead and monthly overall schedule updates and develops recovery plans if schedule variances evolve.
- Closeout Phase: Manages overall punch list and close out process for the facility. Reviews all final submittals from the contractor for all close out documentation including, but not limited to Shop Drawings, Submittals, as-builts, Warranties, Lien Waivers, etc. Prepares the overall project post mortem for the Facility. Monitors quality assurance of Project. This includes but is not limited to daily walks through the facility construction to monitor progress and developments to ensure that the work being accomplished is in accordance with the contract documents. Numerous questions and clarifications evolve from these reviews and need to be documented and resolved.
- Management Report Duties: Prepares progress reports. This includes but is not limited to monthly status and progress reports to the Project Director. These reports feed into the overall attraction monthly update presented to senior management.
- Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations.
- Influences decisions of major nature. High degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable decisions or maintain good will.
QUALIFICATIONS: Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering is required.
EXPERIENCE: 10-15 Years: Experience working in either design/engineering, construction management or construction firms dealing both with entertainment design and construction management; also experience dealing with large scale construction projects along or with experience in working in various positions with a general contractor dealing with estimating, budgeting, bidding, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.