Analyst, Revenue Management – Hotel Business Intelligence
JOB SUMMARY: Manage, develop, and enhancement of reports from the Resorts reservation systems to support the Resort Revenue, Resorts Marketing, and Resort Sales teams. This position requires a person who is comfortable with servers, databases, SQL (Structured Query Language), and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, as they will be responsible for managing multiple data sources, standardizing, and storing them appropriately in servers and databases that they oversee. To be successful in this position, candidates will need to take ownership of the cleanliness and quality of the data, and not merely shepherd it from one system to another. Workflows that are designed by the Analyst will be used widely to move and transform data, preparing it for reporting and further consumption by partners within Resorts Sales & Marketing.
- Analyzes and manages the development and distribution of daily, weekly, and monthly strategic marketing and sales reporting on hotel booking pace and partner performance.
- Performs/interprets ad hoc analyses as requested by Senior Management.
- Creates and manages new database structures (fields, tables, views, etc.) and validates collected data using other sources to assist the reporting and analysis of Resorts data.
- Maintains databases, data flows and data connections.
- System maintenance and troubleshooting responsibility
- On call responsibility
- Solid understanding and experience working with databases, tables, variable types, and variable attributes.
- Experience with SQL-related tasks such as query development, database checks, table design, joins, stored procedures, as well as database backup and recovery procedures.
- Experience creating and modifying ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes for data migration.
- Desire to design the most effective data storage solution for reporting purposes and take proactive ownership of the “cleanliness” of that data.
- Technical and quantitative reasoning skills with a desire to understand Hotel specific data.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible – able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Expertise with Alteryx or Tableau Prep data transformation software is preferred but not required.
- Expertise with Tableau reporting software is preferred but not required.
- Expertise of VBA and SQL Server is preferred but not required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree required. MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with hotel reservation system development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.