Manager, Building Information Modeling (BIM) – Universal's Epic Universe
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary function of the BIM Manager is to direct the process of virtually constructing a building as well as integrating the show and ride elements within the model. This position will function within the Creative Team in project specific bases unless upper management directs otherwise. This manager will be providing top notch coordination leadership throughout the design phase of the project, given his/her model management and BIM planning expertise. Over and above, this manager will provide technical support during the construction phase in order to ensure the proper progress of the design intent.
- Lead BIM Coordination: Spatial coordination of diverse disciplines using 3D model as tool, conducting clash-detection and conflict resolution among the parties, including the coaching of each discipline to proactively build and design in a smart fashion, all this during the design phase as well as during construction.
- Model Management and administration ensuring a healthy BIM database: Establish an efficient project set up, including documents workflow and file sharing process.
- 3D Modeling: Creation of 3D model during the design phase and previous the specific vendors come on board, in order to support the design intent as well as the early coordination process.
- Support the development of the building and show at hand by presenting the BIM model as a viewing/navigation tool to the design team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ride and show and other 3rd party vendors are compiling their 3D information in a format that will be compatible with Universal’s model.
- Lead effort to establish Universal-specific BIM standards.
- Assist BIM Corporate staff in deploying project-templates on specific projects and ensuring team adherence to them.
SCOPE: Manager will be responsible for coordinating the model with the Architect/Engineer assigned to the project along with the internal creative staff, and outside ride and show vendors. Manager may have as many as 15-20 different entities providing information that will need to be integrated into the model.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or any construction-related field required. Master’s degree in Architecture or any construction-related field preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Registered architect or engineer would be a plus.
- 4-7 years of architectural design management process experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in construction administration and/or construction site management required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in turn-key projects while implementing BIM coordination process required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in professional environment with working knowledge of design, entertainment and show industry workflows, production cycle and priorities preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding skills in the use of Autodesk’s Revit and Autodesk Navisworks.
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk’s 3D Max.
- Eager to support the rest of the Project Team with positive attitude, passion and patience.
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Well organized.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.