Supervisor, Parks Technology
JOB SUMMARY: The Ticketing team is responsible for participating in the overall sustainment, ongoing strategy, standardization, analysis, design, implementation and configuration of Ticketing systems and services across the Parks Technology portfolio (Universal Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood, and The Tour at NBC Studios).
The Supervisor role requires using structured problem-solving and analytical skills and tools to design, implement, upgrade, troubleshoot and sustain large scale business applications and services. This position will lead a team to maintain stability while working with the business on future developments. This position requires the ability to quickly understand supporting business processes, requirements, and translate them into system designs with level of effort that will support the objectives. The Supervisor should also have a solid understanding of application support and team development. The Supervisor must have the ability to lead a team and a project to completion.
- Oversees the day to day function of their assigned team. Reports out to all parties task, issues, project being worked. Lead the team in all aspects of development including performance evaluations, development plans, training, etc.
- Enforce UO policies and procedures including Change Management, and Audits. Disseminates new information or tasks assigned to the Team.
- Ensure that proper documentations of all new tasks are clear and communicated in a timely manner. Works with the various Teams to ensure that timelines, issues, and updates are communicated accurately.
- Produces and distributes performance metric and weekly updates to leadership.
- Works with Managers, Project Managers to develop project schedules, resource plans, and budget forecast, for all related projects and other activities such as sustainment and software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited college or university in the field of computer science, information systems, or information management, and 5-7 years equivalent work experience. Prior leadership experience preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE (3-5 years):
- Experience with online development methods and tools
- A solid understanding of theme park guest experience principals and concepts
- Strong understanding of complex data models
- A solid understanding of services based architecture
- Release Management methodologies associated with Agile development practices
- eCommerce business models and functional concepts
- ITIL certification and concepts
- Hands-on experience reading and understanding test cases and project plans.
- Hands-on experience working within formal project management methodologies
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy and compliance practices and laws.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.