Sr. Programmer Analyst, MicroStrategy
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for technical support for the analytics by monitoring business intelligence processes and environments. Design, develop and update MicroStrategy schema objects based on business requirements. Execute command manager scripts for automation of process and object creation. Install and test new versions and updates, including server products. Provide data warehouse architecture guidance in relation to supporting MicroStrategy schema objects. Provides work estimates, facilitates and lead meetings with end users.
- Develop and execute command manager scripts for automation of process and object creation. Install and test new versions and updates, including server products. Partner with various business partners to gather requirements for minor enhancements to design/develop reporting and dashboard solutions for any analytical and business intelligence needs.
- Apply Microstrategy best practices in order to operationalize and harden projects for production. Support Release Management and Change Control processes along with other UPT Compliance Initiatives. Responsible for the coordination of the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices. Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams
- Partner with various business partners to debug, test, develop and implement fixes for the analytical and business intelligence environments/processes/reports/dashboards. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Work effectively with other Technology Operations/Infrastructure and the responsible technology/3rd party support teams to ensure continued operations and maintenance of the analytical and business intelligence platforms.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree – Technical degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex analytical and business intelligence environment.
- MicroStrategy knowledge and skills required to support the analytics and reporting performed by various business areas and processes
- Proven solid technical expertise with MicroStrategy. Able to quickly meet changing business requirements by modifying reports, validating the results and presenting to the business for review with minimal to no defects.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Implement MicroStrategy upgrades and patching of the application and corresponding server environment.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models.
- Familiarity with Financial and other business concepts/KPI’s. Able to interpret results of reports as part of quality assurance tasks.
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Able to work with various platforms and databases, especially SQL Server. Able to write and ready complex SQL, stored procedures and leverage backend databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- Work with change management processes to ensure smooth migration between dev, QA and production environments.
- A plus if experience with other ETL/Data Integration, BI, data mining and modeling, and/or any statistical analysis tools like Spark, Python or R.
- A plus if experience with Big Data technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.