Sr. Programmer Analyst – SSIS
JOB SUMMARY: Provide development and technical support for the financial reporting and data environment. This is a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position requires “hands-on” Data integration SSIS (ETL) knowledge and skills in order to support the data flows that get the key financial information from sources systems, monitor and maintain all the financial data processes. Ensure system issues are resolved in a timely manner. Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities. Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices. Perform all software upgrades and patching partnering with the necessary Infrastructure teams. Provide work estimates as needed. Facilitate and lead meetings with end users. Keeps management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate daily data load processes in order to meet the daily SLA for financial data delivery.
- Work effectively with Technology Operations/Infrastructure and the responsible technology/3rd party support teams to ensure continued operations and maintenance of the financial data platform.
- Leverage appropriate data/information best practice strategies that enable business goals.
- Partner with various business partners to implement fixes for identified data load processing issues.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree – Technical degree is required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations partnering with clients/business groups to support complex financial data environment.
- Proven technical expertise with Microsoft SSIS and SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Experience with development and support of data integration processes.
- Able to understand and interpret Entity-Relationship, logical and physical data models particularly supporting a data mart environment.
- Strong SQL skills that contribute to writing complex SQL; able to read explain plans and make recommendations to performance tune impacting SQL.
- Familiarity with Financial concepts/KPI’s.
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Able to work with Microsoft platform and database (SQL Server).
- Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
- A plus if experience with MicroStrategy reporting/ad-hoc analysis tool.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking.
- Willingness and motivation to learn other technologies in the data integration space, such as Big Data integration technologies.
- Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.