Director, Business Analytics and Industrial Engineering – Beijing
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
This role is located in Beijing, China. Please submit application and resume in English.
JOB SUMMARY: Lead the development and implementation of solutions to complex business problems through a combination of expertise in quantitative methods and experience across all business functions. Deliver sustainable improvements that positively impact profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operating divisions. Guide advanced analytical modeling solutions for Revenue Management, attendance forecasting and related pricing decision making.
- Lead and manage efforts to analyze operations and work flow to improve process efficiencies in theme park operations and establish methods for maximizing utilization of facilities and personnel. Direct multiple, concurrent complex projects, document, and provide regular status updates.
- Analyze and develop labor requirements, labor budgets, schedules, and hiring/staffing plans that minimize overall labor costs and improve team member utilization. Establish baseline historical performance, seasonality, transaction volume, revenue, penetration, per capita, pricing etc. Monitor ongoing performance, establish key performance tracking metrics. Develop seasonal hiring plans by running optimization models and meeting with client groups to review, understand differences, and update models as needed to align with business goals. Monitor key performance indicators to ensure model accuracy and progress to plans.
- Guide advanced analytical modeling solutions for Revenue Management, attendance forecasting and related pricing decision making. Oversee testing of price and demand sensitivity, make recommendations and implement change to optimize profitability for such products as Universal Express, Foods, Merchandise, Parking (Valet and Preferred), VIP Tours, Wheelchairs and Strollers, Lockers and Kennel. Support deployment of developed analytical solutions into a business environment and ensure quality deliverables.
- Evaluate capacity requirements for new project concepts. Provide program and capacity planning for new parks, events, attractions and food and merchandise facilities. Develop and document standards and methodologies for use in determining future expansion requirements.
SCOPE: Demonstrated Leadership effectiveness in driving enterprise-level initiatives with ability to influence outcomes, gain stakeholder support, and deliver results while leading and managing multiple objectives
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills; able to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in technical or business related field i.e. Industrial Engineering, Economics, Quantitative Business Analysis, Business Administration, Applied Mathematics etc. (required). Master’s degree (preferred)
- 7+ Years (required): experience with process improvement, project management or consulting in the Service industry and experience as a Six Sigma Black Belt having completed a number of complex projects. 10+ Years (preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must already be authorized to work in China.
- Fluency in speaking Mandarin is required.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done by working with people who are not under your direct control or who do not share the same priorities; consensus building is very important in this position.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies, tools and techniques with a recognized eminence in Six Sigma for Services.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving and computer skills.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.