Manager, Digital & Experience Transformation
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital and Experience Transformation team is focused on driving strategies to evolve and enhance the Guest and Team Member experience at Universal Parks and Resorts. This Team Member will play a critical role in driving the holistic strategic planning & experience transformation across teams.
This role is instrumental in implementing the Universal Parks & Resorts transformation strategy focused on driving results, integration and change management across properties. The position manages overall planning and timelines for all aspects of product integration relative to both internal and external business needs. The role will facilitate and drive productive and effective internal and external change resulting from new product releases, major platform enhancements, and strategic business decisions.
- Support program integration across key teams working with Technology, Talent Development, Operations, Business Development, Finance, Marketing & Sales, Consumer Insights, Digital/Media, etc.
- Drive integration and communication efforts to support key partner teams on the journey of new initiatives, platforms and products
- Manage overarching strategies and decision-making needs across teams to enable ideal outcomes that drive the business
- Ensure plans are robustly developed and can be transitioned in implementation and through sustainment for strong ongoing processes
- Create, distribute and present complete integration plans to Team Member groups throughout the organization
- Review and evaluate product roadmaps, performance and business metrics to ensure alignment with transformation goals
- Manage the design of a structured and repeatable program that produces and encourages active participation in change and taps into our human ability to transform
- Lead change management efforts across product and application development for frontline, salaried and executive team members across properties
- Designs and develops a comprehensive change management strategy across projects, programs, policies and processes in support of overall transformation strategy, supporting product execution and utilization into the field
- Succinctly communicate with Team Members on a frequent basis regarding significant product/experience enhancements
- Support decision-making for new initiatives
- Create and implement structured and continual feedback strategies to maximize acceptance, adoption and utilization
- Identify changes to business processes, systems & technology, job roles or organizational structures to support the initiatives and products developed
Planning & Prioritization
- Responsible for evaluating and enhancing overall experience strategies and their related tactics, striving to improve the Guest experience
- Provide oversight to identify, develop and prioritize objectives and investments enhancements to the overall Guest & Team Member experience
- Conduct business assessments, synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and integrate with key businesses to understand and evaluate ongoing needs to enhance the experience
- Ensure strategic intent stays aligned with the vision through the development, concept, delivery and execution phases
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to understand broad concepts, identify connection points and gaps, and establish product strategies that align with the broader vision and support Guest and business strategies
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skill set with the ability to synthesize data points to define and execute strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, and be able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Strong presentation skills, with an ability to influence
- Strong organizational skills with an appropriate balance of attention to detail and agility to deliver in a fast-paced environment. Experience in project planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional teams with a wide range of stakeholders and key partners
- Experience integrating marketing and/or experience technologies
- Experience supporting an operating environment, with a focus on ensuring that strategies are sound and viable from an Operations and Team Member perspective
- Preferred technical knowledge and understanding working side by side with the IT team and Technology vendors on a day-to-day basis. Understanding of Agile development helpful.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Marketing or business preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years in progressive communications, digital marketing transformation, technology enablement, innovation or marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Travel involved, minimal overall (3-4x per year)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.