Engineer, Field Service (Lighting)
Location: Orlando, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing preventative, diagnostic, and corrective maintenance of all audio, visual, and lighting equipment; provides technical support in the day-to-day park operation of large computer controlled audio/visual/lighting, electronic messaging, control distribution systems, and surveillance equipment
- Responsible for research, analysis, design and implementation of systems and components to provide immediate and long term solutions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability of Audio/Visual/Lighting equipment through improved diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware revisions.
- Responds quickly to downtime situations, troubleshoots for cause and performs repairs related to show quality and ride recovery including fault analysis.
- Research and design computer systems to handle large audio/visual/lighting equipment including digital projection systems, analogue DMX systems, controllers, intelligent fixtures, and surround sound audio systems.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of large audio/visual computer systems including RAID servers, fiber optic systems, CobraNet systems and Ethernet based systems, lighting computer systems including analogue and digital DMX integration devices, DMX controllers, intelligent fixtures, mosaic control stations, and various other venue specific DMX distribution devices.
- Responsible for utilizing a systematic approach to researching defective parts/systems using technical manuals, technical library and the CMMS system; test start up integration of new audio/visual/lighting systems and assist PQS trainer when required.
- Performs modification to audio/visual/lighting equipment as directed by management, engineering, or Creative; performs diagnostics and repairs to all audio/visual/lighting equipment as assigned.
- Perform regularly scheduled inspections and preventative maintenance on all audio/visual/lighting systems; provide data entry into the CMMS system, logging of inspections, corrective actions, and/or repairs made while listing parts needed to implement repairs. Also, complete hard copy inspections and physical logbook entries.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and design of audio, video, and lighting systems in all venues resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required; Electronic or electrical degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 6-8 years’ experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex audio/visual/lighting equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including advanced knowledge in the set-up and ongoing maintenance of audio/visual/lighting systems. Computer experience with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Linux Systems, Peavey Systems, E-Scan, Q-SYS, AMX, DMX protocols, ETC dimming systems, and Strand dimming systems preferred, and Visual Basic preferred. Experience in designing and integration of various network systems including IP networks preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.