JOB SUMMARY: Perform a variety of accounting functions that involve the application of a full range of general accounting principles and techniques including journal entries, account reconciliations and review, consolidations, report writing and creation, financial statement review, variance commentary and balance sheet forecasting.
- Record and report financial transactions and prepare monthly statements of the organization’s official financial records.
- Oversee reporting of various complex accounting areas including fringe benefits, IP obligations, and property taxes.
- Complete applicable monthly and quarterly reporting requirements by compiling, reviewing, and analyzing requested financial information.
- Prepare and review worksheets, monthly variance commentary and analyze a range of accounts to verify accuracy, identify business trends or problem areas.
- Compile, submit and review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP and NBCU account reconciliation requirements.
- Assist with external audit requests for UCDP, the UO Foundation and UO joint ventures
- Assists Manager/Director Financial Reporting with ad hoc projects. Tasks include research of highly complex accounting issues, and summarizing research results into effective memorandums and executive summaries.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Associate’s degree (AA) is required. Bachelor’s degree is required. CPA Preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Infrequent local travel. Long distance travel not required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.