Pest Control Technician (Animal Control)
JOB SUMMARY: Conduct and document pest control activities to maximize plant health as part of a Horticulture team in addition to providing green initiatives which support UO values and protect our environment.
- Schedule and apply pesticides and plant nutritional products (including herbicides, insecticides, matricides, fungicides, horticultural oils and soaps, fertilizers, and biological agents) according to label and safety procedures.
- Plan and release beneficial insects as part of an Integrated Pest Management plan.
- Provide safe removal of all unwanted wildlife throughout Universal Orlando property.
- Identify and diagnose pest control needs in assigned landscape area.
- Record pest control activity into activity reports according to all applicable laws, regulations and departmental policy and practice.
- Provide proper care, maintenance, and storage of spray equipment.
- Safely handle, transport, store and dispose of pesticide product and containers.
- Maintain current state certifications for licensing as required.
SCOPE: Responsible for identifying and diagnosing pest control needs resort wide – to include the use of Integrated Pest Management, the ability to identify nutritional deficiencies and provide solutions for all related problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED: Required. Associate’s degree in Horticulture or Entomology preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or Entomology preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years: Ornamental pest control required, 3-5 Years: Landscape maintenance experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License/ required to operate company vehicles. FDACS Commercial applicators license preferred. Mosquito Control license preferred. Aquatic Weed Control license preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.