Senior Manager, Technical – Universal Beijing Resort
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
THIS ROLE IS AN EXPAT ASSIGNMENT IN BEIJING, CHINA.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Technical provides technical management for all attractions under his or her area of responsibility. Responsible for the technical support of the successful specification, procurement design, production, installation, and acceptance testing of Show and Ride systems.
- Manage the design, production, fabrication, installation, focus, programming, commission, and turnover of systems for attraction, land, food/merchandise facilities, area development and other land/park improvements.
- Develop an open working relationship with the facility and attraction team and specialty & general contractor(s) to ensure a clear line of communication regarding installation, test and adjust activities.
- Review designs and documentation from vendors/contractors ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
- Lead production reviews at vendor locations ensuring product quality, specification conformance, and schedule accuracy.
- Develop and oversee project show control schedules and budgets.
- Develops Scopes of Work, Requests for Proposal and/or other Purchasing documentation required to solicit, evaluate, select and contract for lighting & dimming design, production, fabrication, installation, focus, programming, commissioning and turnover of lighting systems.
- Oversee all technical interaction with attraction Engineering personnel, Vendors, Sub-contractors, and relevant 3rd parties involved with Show and Ride systems.
- Enforce Show and Ride technical and safety principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables to our customer. Support and advise the Attraction Manager/Director on how best to achieve this goal, and keep UPR Core Safety & Engineering briefed on progress and issues. Is responsible to take UPR Safety & Engineering direction to the project team.
- Contributes to communication of common engineering issues and solutions between all Universal parks. Enhances consolidated use of UPR technical resources.
SCOPE: This position will be responsible for the management and coordination of all technical design, engineering, fabrication, installation, focus, programming, commissioning and turnover for the specific project(s) assigned. The Sr. Technical Manager will be required to be current with the latest technology and design principles in the industry. This role also requires knowledge of the latest manufacturers, suppliers, designers and implementation vendors available. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and vendors simultaneously. This role is responsible to maintain the project budget and schedule for project(s).
- Responsibilities include a thorough knowledge of the entertainment, hospitality and theme park environments from a manufacturer/supplier, designer, implementation and creative aspect.
- Other Required:
- Must have a sound understanding of engineering practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills, to include, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
EDUCATION: Technical school required. Bachelor’s degree required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Ongoing manufacture and trade education and certification preferred.
- 10 – 15 Years: Vendor Management experience and significant in-field installation related experience is required.
- Experience with theme park and/or construction industries is preferred.
- 8-10 Years: Related technical experience is required.
- Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.