Sr. Engineer, Cloud (Datacenter Services)
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Cloud Engineers role is to define and lead the implementation of enterprise-wide, technical, architecture-based solutions for enterprise business requirements and information technology strategies. Lead technology decisions in screening, analyzing and evaluating of technology market trends that can improve enterprise systems. Bring project ideas to life; mature unstructured ideas to proofs-of-concept and prototypes in partnership with business partners’ needs. Partner with business owners and Parks Technology (PT) departments to develop project scopes and business cases that meet both business and PT strategies and governance regulations.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Systems technical lead on the key initiative for solution evaluations providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) through development, enhancements, review, pilots, trials, delivery, & new technology for enterprise systems of all sizes and complexity defining the principles to determine technology decisions between the business user requirements and the system being designed.
- Engage with architect peers at Universal Parks and at NBCUniversal to define strategies, work statements, tracking milestones & resolving issues across technology platforms that enable business goals. Facilitate information design initiative prioritization discussions.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with client group leadership to identify and assess business requirements; provide insights and recommendations to meet those needs.
SCOPE: Provide technical leadership and support for all systems within UPT Global Datacenter Services Infrastructure.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years of experience preferred in the following areas
- Managing Windows and Linux Server systems in an hybrid cloud environment
- Managing automation tools in hybrid cloud environment
- Cloud platform CLIs and SDKs/API tools
- Virtualization platforms
- Compute technologies
- Storage technologies
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: AWS DevOps, AWS SysOps, and VMware VCP are preferred.
- Experience designing and deploying hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience evaluating cloud application requirements and making recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning
- Experience with scripting and automation tools for cloud environments
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Must have the ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members of the organization
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
- Must have the ability to travel for training, conferences or supported business locations
- Must be able to participate in an 24×7 on-call rotation
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.