Sr. Administrator, Database
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical leadership and enterprise Database administration within the database group; which includes designing, creating, and maintaining databases. Provides guidance to programming staff on SQL, indexing, stored procedures, etc. to ensure high performance of production databases.
- Primary technical contact for all Database design, and support.
- Implements complex database designs for the core enterprise applications, including software installation, creation, tuning, and management of all production and non-production databases.
- Work closely with programmers, reviews SQL code, and provides direction on effective efficient queries, appropriate indexing, and overall integrity to insure a high performance environment.
- Establishes and recommends policies on database use and services.
- Optimizes database access, and allocates database resources for optimum configuration and performance.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors junior administrators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Database Administration on Linux and Windows
- Database performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Database backup and recovery techniques
- Database upgrades and patches
In-Depth knowledge in two or more of the following areas:
- IBM DB2
- Open Platform RDBMs
- Open Platform NoSQL
- Microsoft SQL
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years: Database management, data analysis and problem resolution required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.