Sr. Recruiter, Universal Creative Talent Acquisition
Location: Orlando, FL
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The role of the Sr. Recruiter, Talent Acquisition will be to passionately source domestic and international highly specialized talent from traditional and emerging platforms, actively maintaining and utilizing a wide array of tools, tactics and networks. The primary focus of this position is to develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract, screen, and recruit highly qualified candidates for positions within the Universal Creative group.
- Create job postings and marketing plan utilizing departmental input in combination with the current job description for maximum exposure. Continuously monitor general staffing progress against open requisitions to determine alternate recruitment avenues to support the business. Actively source resumes through internet and database mining, and implementation of targeted sourcing strategies. Use Boolean Logic, x-raying, cold calling, networking and referral promotion to generate robust candidate pools.
- Develop individualized staffing action plans for each open position, taking into consideration identifying and clarifying hiring specifications and competencies.
- Assist hiring managers in raising standards and the evaluation of candidates. Consult with and guide hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies and process. Apply behavioral based interviewing and other techniques to identify the best qualified candidate pool.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers and HR representatives across the company to understand business needs to effectively source and facilitate the selection of quality candidates. Partner with HR Field Team and hiring management to ensure internal promotion and development are considered prior to external search.
- Utilize staffing systems and process to track, report and measure status of each open position. Continuously improve resources to beset utilize time, money and available resources to hire top-quality. Collect and analyze data on demographics and hiring activity for use in designing recruitment plans.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 7 + Years Talent Acquisition experience to include both domestic and international technical staffing talent
- Recruiting experience hiring for international roles preferred.
- Proficient with ATS System and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Savvy
- Demonstrated success in executing a full-cycle professional/ technical exempt-level recruiting function
- Prior experience in related entertainment, hospitality or theme park industry
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast-paced operational environment
- Prior Track record of establishing effective talent acquisition strategies tailored to global markets; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adept at sourcing passive candidates, utilizing LinkedIn and other social networks
- Strong business acumen, client support orientation, and influencing skills; able to establish credibility and rapport with all levels of management
- Technology power user of LinkedIn, Recruiter and ATS (Page Up a plus)
- Driven to a successful outcomes, adaptive in times of change, and innovative in face of roadblocks
- Superior written and oral communication skills necessary for candidate interviewing and assessment, ac client correspondence, project documentation and status reporting
- Knowledge of Affirmative Action, EEO guidelines on employee selection and employee relations issues relative to the recruitment process
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. © 2020 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.