Manager, Marketing Analytics – Audience Planning & Strategy
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Audience Planning & Strategy is a key contributor within the Audience Science team interacting with multiple partners and collaborating across the marketing organization to promote audience-first and personalization strategies. This role spans diverse brand needs and supports audience planning & strategy across Universal Parks & Resorts destinations.
The ideal candidate will be someone with deep knowledge in audience building and activation nuances across media channels, and thinks strategically to influence all stages of the customer journey. Using audience-insights platforms and their own ability to analyze and interpret data, we are seeking an individual who loves storytelling and can wear many hats when needed.
Personalization & Cross-Channel Strategy
- Provide business planning teams with deep audience insights through analysis and research to inform audience-centric, dynamic content strategies.
- Pioneer new approaches and work to best frame the use of data considering customer lifecycle stage, business challenges, to activate personalized experiences across marketing channels.
- Liaises with business partners and vendors to drive 1st, 2nd and 3rd party targeting capabilities and partner with media buyers and audience development teams to source, build, track, and maintain these audiences for activation
- Own audiences managed in the data management platform (DMP) and will work closely with audience development to source and define new attributes for activation.
- Liaises with measurement team to ensure audience and data driven marketing efforts are integrated into measurement deliverables and advance test-and-learn opportunities
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Consult with brand, digital strategy and marketing channels to influence tactics that align with the audience strategy and deliver performance-based outcomes
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with internal and external clients and collaborate with internal partners to coordinate audiences across paid and owned media channels.
Audience Measurement & Optimization
- Perform data collection and data mining to provide key findings and recommendations to refine audience activation, optimize targeting and inform creative content and ensure those learnings are shared across marketing channels.
- Partner with Data Scientists to build state-of-the-art decision algorithms, tools and systems to drive next-best-action, audience-first decisioning.
- Expertise in understanding marketing integration between paid, earned and owned marketing channels.
- High familiarity with consumer media consumption habits and a drive to push audience-centric digital campaigns
- Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset, business and marketing acumen, and ability to communicate and/or present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Hands-on experience using Audience Insights platforms such as Resonate, Hitwise, Crimson Hexigon, Facebook or Twitter with an ability to provide valuable and actionable strategic recommendations and insights.
- Applied skills in Data Management Platforms (DMP) such as Adobe Audience Manager or BlueKai and knowledge of Customer Data Platforms (CDP) such as TapAd and Tealium.
- Knowledge in buying 1st and 3rd party audience data, or an industry-level understanding of data partnerships in the programmatic space
- SQL and spreadsheet data manipulation skills; experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik (Sense, View) is a plus.
- Passion for entertainment industry and guest experience optimization.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Economics, Statistics, Business Admin or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of analytic, digital or integrated marketing experience combined with at least 3+ years in digital media planning, activation, or online media management. Prior relevant agency experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This role will support the Sr. Manager of Audience Planning and Strategy and serve as a direct point of contact for 2-5 internal client groups supporting the Universal Orlando Resort destination. The Manager will be a critical member of the Audience Science team working with a team of data scientists, testing and data analysts and working across the Marketing Analytics organization to deliver audience-first insights to inform business strategy.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.