EHS – Lead Tech, Environmental (Water Quality)
The EHS Lead Tech, Water Quality supports management in directing and coordinating activities of department and employees by performing the duties laid out under Major Responsibilities.
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
- Plans and delegates work tasks. Delegates work assignments among qualified crew members. Communicates performance expectations in an effort to ensure proper completion of tasks; provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement.
- Actively reinforces company safety guidelines and programs; reports non-compliance. Monitors employee’s productivity, work habits. Leads work startup and stoppage, schedules breaks. Monitors care, condition, use and storage of tools, equipment and other UO property. Maintains material inventories. Monitors compliance with wardrobe/grooming standards, driving policy, radio usage, and other UO policies.
- Ensures proper completion of documentation. Captures written behaviors using the Lead Observation Report to support managerial and supervisory documentation.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments or crafts as needed. Communicates resource needs and work plans to Supervision. Provides two-way communications between work team, supervisor, and other management and HR personnel.
- Performs job duties as described in non-lead job description. Maintains and shares job knowledge, assists in developing employees.
- Assists with training new and current employees. Assigns who will provide daily training
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year experience providing work direction preferred. See specific job description; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer experience is required. Operation of powered industrial vehicles (forklift, high reach, back hoe, etc.) is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License/ required to operate company vehicles.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Strong organizational skills, effective communication skills, both oral and written; ability to handle multiple priorities with varying levels of people within the organization; effective and calm problem solving skills and superior guest service skills.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2018 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.