Internship – Event Operations (Spring 2020)
SPRING SEMESTER: Internship dates are approximately from January 2020 – May 2020.
JOB SUMMARY: Learn the role of an Event Operations Supervisor/Team Captain and provide leadership, work direction and assistance to the Event Leads, Event Guides and Event Operations Management Team.
- Learns and assists with execution of events such as Universal’s Superstar Parade, early park admissions, marquee events, corporate events, productions and/or land control in the supervisory role.
- Provides work direction to Event Leads and Guides.
- Partners and communicates event needs with operating partners.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for event.
- Assists with organization and execution of divisional team meetings, if needed.
- Creates and organizes Team Member meetings or briefings, including agendas and content.
- Coordinates arrival and departure of event guests.
- Provides work direction and performance coaching to hourly Team Members.
- Understands and ensures all operational safety procedures are followed.
- Practices, promotes and coaches UO Service Model of Look-Focus-Act.
- Supports Event Operations management teams in frontline event execution.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Sophomore or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is required.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Event Management, Hospitality Management or Tourism.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Current or prior theme park experience is preferred.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Must be comfortable being exposed to outdoor weather conditions and required 75% of time to stand and walk in the field.
- Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.