Sr. Industrial Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: Support process improvement and labor efficiency efforts across the Universal Parks and Resorts. Determine the most effective ways to best utilize people, machines, materials, information, and energy to provide a service. Increase productivity through the management of people, methods of business organization, and technology. Provide individual contribution to problem solving efforts on selected projects to increase revenue, improve quality, and/or reduce cost. Deliver real improvements that positively impacts the company’s bottom-line through a combination of expertise in quantitative methods and experience across all business functions. Lead and manage interns, co-ops, and/or entry level Industrial Engineers.
- Support cross-divisional initiatives to identify revenue generation opportunities and improve guest experience at consumer facing sales locations. Evaluate promotion strategies and sales techniques. Develop statistical models and perform analysis to identify sales trends. Make recommendations and implement change to optimize profitability.
- Monitor ongoing performance and establish key performance tracking metrics. Develop and maintain dashboards/reporting and drive performance measurement. Identify data needed to drive these reports and as needed write scripts/code to prepare data for use in reports.
- Support international parks with the strategy and tools for developing seasonal hiring plans. Meet with client groups to review, understand differences, and update models as needed to align with business goals. Foster positive client relationships to improve accuracy of the models and usage of plans. Monitor key performance indicators to ensure model accuracy and progress to plans.
- Develop future processes and tools using R, Python, and other statistical modeling software to drive operational improvements. Lead and manage interns, co-ops, and/or entry level Industrial Engineers. Provide input to and executing strategic plans for growing our department.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and/or PhD is preferred. Master of Science Degree/PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- R/Python experience strongly preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work through complex problems
- The ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at one time
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required
- Strong track record of fostering positive client and cross team relationships
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.