Technical Services Ride & Show Accelerated Apprenticeship Program
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Services Ride & Show Accelerated Apprenticeship Program is an exciting opportunity for candidates to work toward becoming a Ride & Show Technician at Universal Orlando in an accelerated timeframe. Qualified candidates must possess an AA Degree/AS Degree or higher in a technical field, or a certification from an approved Trade School.
The Ride & Show Accelerated Apprenticeship Program consists of eighteen months of on-the-job training (OJT) in partnership with highly qualified technicians, coordinators, and leaders.
Apprentices will spend the majority of their time working in venues at IOA, USF and Volcano Bay for required OJT. These experiences are aimed to maximize learning opportunities. After the successful completion of the Accelerated Apprenticeship program, Apprentices will have the opportunity to fill a regular full time Ride & Show Technician position as available.
- Mechanical Responsibilities: Inspection and evaluation of Ride Vehicles, Support Equipment and F/X; Estimating procedures-labor; Estimating procedures-non-labor; Disassembly; Reassembly after required maintenance; Rigging; Cleaning procedures; Safety; CMMS.
- Sub-Assemblies: Rebuild/repair gear boxes; Coolant system repair; Diesel engine repair and maintenance; Rebuild / repair mechanical equipment as required; Retrofitting / Rebuild; Safety; CMMS.
- Hydraulics/Pneumatics: Troubleshooting; Repair/installation of valves, solenoids, motors, pumps, cylinders, etc.; Preventive Maintenance; Safety; CMMS.
- Bearings, Seals, and Lubricants: Troubleshooting and identifying all types of bearings; Installation/removal of bearings and seals; Applications of different seals and packings; Lubricant characteristics and applications; Safety; CMMS.
- Miscellaneous Machining: Fabrication; Safety requirements for the operation of machine tools; Machining process; Work piece and tool set-up; CMMS.
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights up to 240 feet.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Must possess an AA Degree/AS Degree or higher in a technical field, or a certification from an approved Trade School.
EXPERIENCE: 0-1 year with basic knowledge of mechanical functions such as Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical, Machining, Drafting, and Welding.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.