Director, Digital & Experience Development – Integrated Commerce
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital and Experience Development team is focused on driving product strategies to evolve and enhance the Guest experience across Universal Parks & Resorts. This leader will play a critical role in driving digital product management for the Guest e-commerce experience. Responsible for leading development of short, mid- and long-term product strategies and product implementations focused on driving business results and customer experience transformation.
Strategic planning and Initiative leadership
- Lead Guest and Team experience transformation initiatives over a multi-year horizon for Universal Orlando Resort.
- Oversee the creation of new digital capabilities for Guests and Team Members, with a focus on creating an integrated commerce experience across all digital channels – including direct to consumer web and mobile, as well as contact center agents and third-party channels.
- Develop and launch innovative experiential concepts and platforms to address guest satisfaction and business growth opportunities.
- Develop business case and value proposition for new product development and ongoing enhancements.
- Ensure product alignment with strategic intent and experience vision through the concept, design, delivery and execution phases
- Work closely with Product Managers responsible for others facets of the Guest experience, to maintain cross-product alignment for a seamless end-to-end experience.
- Act as the subject matter expert (business owner) for new products, integrating with key stakeholder teams to ensure ongoing product success.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Lead a Team of Product Managers to deliver upon the collective product vision for an integrated commerce experience. Set and manage team strategic direction, prioritization, resource planning, deliverables, and timelines.
- Lead collaborative, cross-functional teams with a combination of Product, Business and IT stakeholders, to drive Product planning, delivery, implementation, and ongoing support.
- Partner with Parks Technology to drive product delivery, regularly making critical business decisions around scope, time, and budget considerations, balanced against a relentless focus on the Guest experience.
- Participate on the Digital & Experience Program Leadership team, providing executive decision-making and priority management.
- Manage initial and ongoing engagements with vendors and outside service providers as it relates to digital experience implementation, ensuring clear scope and deliverables, functional and business requirements, quality and timeliness of delivery, and integration with other projects and related internal/external efforts.
Digital & Experience Product Management
- Drive the development of Guest and Team member digital capabilities across the entire product life cycle – from concept development, concept testing, user experience design, technical design, technical delivery, testing, and implementation.
- Design, implement and manage end-to-end experiences and enhancements across all customer touch points and channels.
- Develop, evaluate and implement overall experience strategies and related tactics, striving to create a simple and seamless Guest experience.
- Advocate for the customer experience on cross-functional projects.
- Drive a continuous focus on experience optimization, by regularly gathering and synthesizing consumer, operational, and business insights, to identify and prioritize product enhancements.
- Conduct analysis as needed to determine best path for solving business problems, opportunities that may include process improvement, system enhancements, user training, and/or an enhanced product offering.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to understand broad concepts, identify connection points and gaps, and establish product strategies that align with the broader vision and support Guest and business strategies
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skill set, with an ability to synthesize and analyze product-related data across an array of sources (e.g. Marketing, Consumer Insights, Industrial Engineering, etc.), to evaluate product effectiveness
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills, with an ability to influence senior leadership by developing and clearly framing up options, analysis and recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with an appropriate balance of attention to detail and agility to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional project teams with a wide range of stakeholders and key partners
- Experience supporting an operating environment, with a focus on ensuring that strategies are sound and viable from an Operations and Team Member perspective
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic
- Strong communicator capable of delivering concise messages to various audiences
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required – Business, Technology, Digital Marketing, or Industrial Engineering preferred; Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years in Product Management, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Digital Experience Design, Industrial Engineering, Technology, or related fields.
- Expert knowledge of large scale transformation initiatives
- Experience integrating marketing and experience technologies
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing teams
- Experience in large scale program planning and implementation
- Expert at stakeholder and partner management
- Experience with executive level communication,
- Demonstrated ability to drive work through collaboration and relationship building
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, and be able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategic initiatives
- Partner with external vendor teams to delivery and execute work.
- Work with internal teams across Marketing & Sales, Technology, Operations, Consumer Insights, Digital, Creative, etc. to integrate and collaborate across the Guest & Team Member experience.
- Travel involved, (5-10 times per year)
- Must have technical knowledge and understanding working side by side with the IT team and Technology vendors on a day-to-day basis. In this type of an Agile delivery environment, team members need to speak the technical language in order to effectively (1) establish the program/product roadmap, (2) support ongoing development efforts by participating in daily/weekly development planning sessions, (3) document functional and technical requirements, and (4) participate in product acceptance testing. In addition to these core activities, it’s also important to note that the new products & services we are creating are all heavily influenced by innovative and emerging technologies. In order to establish a program/product strategy, these roles need to be able to assess different technologies used in the marketplace, to determine fit with our vision, as well as to evaluate strategic feasibility from a cost, value, and operational perspective.
- Team Member will identify and develop interaction model, interaction design and user experience for Guests and Team Members. It is about fusing the physical (theme park, rides, tickets, etc.) with the digital (mobile, web, mobile web) to create the interaction. These experiences need to be integrated across software and hardware (devices). In order to develop what it is, what it looks like and how it works together, these roles must be savvy with knowing and understanding how technology will be leveraged in order to create an experience that is connected and holistic and not segmented for Guests and Team Members.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.