Sr. Manager, Digital & Experience Transformation
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital and Experience Transformation team is focused on driving strategies to evolve and enhance the Guest and Team Member experience at Universal Parks and Resorts. This Team Member will play a critical role in driving the holistic strategic planning & experience transformation across teams. This role is instrumental in program management and implementation for all aspects of the product development life cycle relative to internal and external business needs.
The position leads vision definition, strategic intent, hypothesis generation, integration, and change management efforts across all products and applications. It is responsible for facilitating and driving productive and effective internal and external change resulting from new product releases, major platform enhancements, and strategic business decisions.
Planning & Prioritization
- Responsible for management, evaluation and enhancement of overall experience strategies and their related implementation tactics, striving to improve the Guest and Team Member experience
- Develop and support strategy for the interaction model, interaction design and user experience for Guests and Team Members fusing the digital and the physical to create a simple and seamless experience
- Provide oversight to identify, develop and prioritize objectives and enhancements to the overall Guest & Team Member experience
- Conduct business assessments, synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and integrate with key businesses to understand and evaluate ongoing needs and enhance the experience
- Ensure strategic intent stays aligned with the vision through the development, concept, delivery and execution phases
- Develop prioritization objectives to enable proper decision making across all teams
- Develop business cases and value proposition for new products
- Drive timing and recommendations for Senior Executives to review and approve key initiatives
- Responsible for the experience transformation roadmap to ensure strategy and implementation remain aligned
- Lead overall program integration across key teams working with business partners as well as internal teams such as Technology, Operations, Business Development, Finance, Marketing & Sales, Consumer Insights, Digital/Media, etc.
- Lead and support integration of all new products and services initiatives between partners across Universal Parks & Resorts
- Drive all communication efforts to support unification and adoption of new initiatives and platforms across the experience
- Manage overarching strategies and decision making needs across teams to enable ideal outcomes to drive the business
- Ensure plans are robustly developed and can be naturally transitioned from implementation to sustainment
- Assess technologies used in the marketplace, to determine fit with vision, as well as to evaluate strategic feasibility from a cost, value, and operational perspective
- Lead transformation efforts to ensure shared progress of initiatives; collaborate on key announcements or communications, driving transformation visibility and engagement
- Define scope, milestones, and roadmap for change and communications programs
- Develop change management process plans as new products are designed to support execution and utilization
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans for Salaried and Executive leaders to maximize acceptance, adoption and utilization
- Lead change impact analysis for business processes, systems & technology, job roles or organizational structures to support the initiatives and products developed
- Apply structured methodology and lead change management activities across Universal Parks & Resorts
- Communicate with executives on a regular basis regarding significant product/experience enhancements
- Develop ongoing plan for communication and decision making on new initiatives
- Develop critical internal and external communications strategies and materials
- Work to ensure involvement and alignment with key stakeholders and executives
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to understand broad concepts, identify connection points and gaps, and establish product strategies that align with the broader vision and support Guest and business strategies
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skill set with the ability to synthesize data points to define and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership and large-scale program planning/implementation
- Excellent communication skills, and be able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Strong presentation skills, with an ability to influence
- Strong organizational skills with an appropriate balance of attention to detail and agility to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in project planning and implementation of large-scale transformation initiatives
- Experience in executive communication relationship building and decision making
- Experience integrating marketing and experience technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional project teams with a wide range of stakeholders and key partners
- Experience supporting an operating environment, with a focus on ensuring that strategies are sound and viable from an Operations and Team Member perspective
- Preferred technical knowledge and understanding working side by side with the IT team and Technology vendors on a day-to-day basis. Understanding of Agile development helpful.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree required Business or Marketing preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years in progressive transformation, technology enablement, innovation or marketing leadership or, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.