Director, Integrated Media Strategy – Universal Orlando Resort
JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include the conception and delivery of innovative, well-targeted and strategic Integrated Media (Video, Audio, Digital, Out-of-Home, Cinema, etc.) plans for the Orlando-based Theme Parks in collaboration with an external agency. This requires the ability to understand the marketplace/media industry, internal client needs, and state-of-the business (short and long term).The Integrated Media plans will be charged with delivering upon measureable KPIs.
Liaison with VP of Integrated Media Strategy on overall Universal Parks and Resorts Integrated Media strategy, budget allocation and integration with Omni-Channel Analytics team. For International markets, this position will work with in-market teams (UK/LatAm) and respective external agencies in the development of integrated media plans. Oversee invoice reconciliation for agency fees, development and distribution of campaign and budget flows. This position also has management responsibilities.
- Develop annual integrated media plans for all segments/audiences in collaboration with external agency with input and consultation and input from omni-channel analytics team and Media Activation Team.
- Develop activation plans for each campaign to serve as a framework for the Activation team to put together and execute upon a tactical media plan.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external agencies.
- Review and provide POV on media recommendations outside of annual planning process.
- Work with Integrated Media Strategy team (VP and counterpart at Universal Studios Hollywood) on overall integrated media strategy and budget allocation.
- Supervise direct report(s) providing mentorship, leadership, motivation and career development opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish high-levels of trust and credibility internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Collaboration with multiple internal and external partners.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Results oriented and able to effectively manage and prioritize competing demands.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results.
- Ability to write strategic media plans as part of overall marketing plans.
- Team oriented – approachable and viewed as a leader.
- Use of Microsoft Office Software Suite and media planning tools.
EDUCATION: Candidate must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience within the Media Industry with specific and significant experience in integrated media strategy/planning. Business acumen in marketing with budget experience is required. Working knowledge of all media channels is required on a National and local market level. Experience with International media is preferred. Management experience is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. © 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.