Internship – Concept Architecture (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: This role is intended to provide the intern with an understanding of the role that Architectural Design plays in the development of Theme Parks attractions and supporting facilities such as Food & Beverage and Retail. The intern will interact with fellow architects as well as other Creative Studio team members, learn about the team approach used most often in themed development which includes operational input as well as input from multiple other consultants. Deliverable will include 2D drawings as well as 3D models of facility designs.
- Responsible for providing architectural design in partnership with team members of Master Planning, Show Set and Show Design, Attraction Design.
- Conceptual design work to support architecture team
- Be able to develop drawings in AutoCAD and/or 3D software.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Architecture
Key skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- CAD and Adobe experience is required.
- Design experience a plus
- Some 3D modeling experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, problem solving abilities, and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Must have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are from January 2020 to April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.