Internship – Master Planning- Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: This role is intended to provide the individual and understanding of how Theme Parks are developed and planned through the support of the Master Planning team on a variety of efforts across all of our Portfolios. Through the interaction with and guidance of Master Planning team members, this role will be contributing to preliminary design solutions and ongoing project efforts while learning the essentials of listening to partner needs, communicating effectively and providing thoughtful design options to achieve a successful guest experience that is balanced with our business needs.
- Development of communication tools for senior management
- Assist in planning related design discussions and general support for the planning team
- through the use of CAD, graphic software and 3D modeling, Intern will learn to make the most of partner inputs and sound planning experience to develop quick iterations for senior management to respond and react to.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Majors: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have CAD and Adobe experience
- GIS experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
If applicable, please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships run approximately from January 2020 to April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.