Internship – Props Dressing & Design – Universal Creative (Spring 2020)
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: The Props Dressing and Design intern will assist the Manager in developing overall looks and props lists for multiple projects. They will research and develop guides to support each project. They will also use digital programs, physical mock-ups, and excel sheet document to coordinate detailed design level information.
- Support the design, production and installations efforts as directed by the Props Dressing and Design Manager for the project
- Interface and coordinate with other show related disciplines
- Support design development and communicate design concepts
- Maintain paperwork associated with design efforts
- Assist in field installation of props and dressing when required
- Research historical information and design technologies in support of design efforts
- Support mockups and presentations including setup and strikes
- Document implemented design
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other dues as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors: Themed Entertainment, Theater, Production Design, Drama
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Ability to work within a team environment at the direction of principal designers
- A working knowledge of props or set decorations for theater, film,or television
- Knowledge of storytelling with objects
- Must be able to read architectural drawings
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of 3D Modeling software
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 pounds.
- Experience working with hand tools
- Ability to periodically work third shift after park closes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, problem solving abilities, and organizational skill
- Must have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring Internships are approximately from January 2020 to May 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.