Internship – Show Set Design (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: The intern will work with the show design team on the production of show set drawings, and sketches. This intern will assist in the design and documentation of the show at hand, particularly of the proposed rides and diverse show elements within the land. t will be expected for this intern to support the collaboration effort of the facility design team as well as the ride and show-technical disciplines.
- Complete show set drawing in AutoCAD to support the creative project assigned
- Provide electronic 3D modelling services in SketchUp, 3Ds Max or other formats that accurately and clearly depict the show set design intent
- Transfer 3D Models into 2D linework in AutoCAD for documentation of diverse show set scenes, elements and props
- Participate in the development of coordinated show packages, including addressing mark-ups, tagging, plotting, keynoting, etc.
- Assist in the coordination process with Facility and Show & Ride
- Assist in the development of aesthetic design, color boards, sketching and drafting as needed to convey the design intent
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Theater Show Set Design, Architectural Design, Interior Design, Theme Park Design
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD, 2D and Hand sketching
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling (SketchUp, 3Ds Max, Rhino), a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including hut not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please include a link to your portfolio of your work or upload via option via application.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships are approximately from January 2020 to April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.