Internship – Building Information Modeling – (Spring 2020)
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of what’s possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, we’re creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: This position involves working directly with the project BIM manager and assist in daily/weekly efforts for overall file/model coordination on large scale projects. This candidate will also work alongside team members and responsible individuals (RI) for facility, creative, and ride 3D integration while also be able to assist in running model review meetings and managing coordination models.
- Break up and optimize show models BIM coordination, and be able to work with file formats such as .max, .fbx, .obj, .dwg, .IGES, and .STEP
- Perform weekly exports between CAD and Revit
- Model alignment – placement of show set and vendor models for facility coordination
- Manage coordination models – set up views of model reviews that focus on every scene, zone and element for quick navigation purposes
- Bi-weekly exports of facility files for shoe set coordination in FBX format
- Updating coordination models – update Navisworks models weekly for team coordination
- perform weekly analysis on coordination models and distribute results to team members
- File archiving – ongoing general overhead maintenance of files to be archived. Naviswork, facility and show set background, etc.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Architecture
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Revit, Naviswork, Dynamo, AutoCAD, and 3DS Max
- basic understanding of SolidWorks and Maya
- Experience working with BIM technologies and project implementation
- Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture or of a related field is a plus
- Proven ability to work independently with little to no direction and maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Consistent attendance
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spring internships run approximately from January 2020 to April 2020.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Parks & Resorts is a place where I am encouraged to let my true self shine. I work with passion and energy and I own my ability to make a difference every day. As a family of committed Team Members, we treat each other with respect and take pride in working together to create fun in everything we do. I know that my contributions result in new opportunities and memorable experiences.